Mission, Scope of Work and Objectives
TICA’s mission is to advice on government’s policy relating to development cooperation, and to implement bilateral development cooperation projects with foreign countries, inter-governmental organization, regional organization, international NGOs and other relevant international entities. TICA aims to undertake development cooperation according to the government’s foreign policy, and foster good relations with the foreign countries, especially neighboring countries.
TICA’s mission also includes supervising Thailand’s multilateral development cooperation strategy and implementation.
Scope of Work
- Plan, follow up and assess bilateral and regional development cooperation strategy and projects.
- Implement development cooperation projects in accordance with Thailand’s foreign policy and Sufficient Economy Philosophy (SEP).
- Cooperate with the international community through bilateral, trilateral, and multilateral channels with the public sector, private sector and NGOs.
- Administer human resource development projects and grant scholarships/training courses/study trips to developing countries.
- Update and integrate database on Thailand’s development cooperation from different government agencies.
- Facilitate administrative matters relating to development projects such as tax privileges and exemptions, supervise budget spending in development projects abroad, as well as supervise foreign official development assistance spending for Thailand.
- Carry out other tasks as required by the Thai government.
- Contribute to Thailand’s security by maintaining good relations with other governments. Generate positive attitude towards Thailand and foster good people-to-people relations.
- Promote sustainability and sustainable development in other countries by sharing best practices, especially those concerning the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy (SEP).
- Help Thailand’s public sector and civil society to operate at the international standard in development cooperation. Build on Thailand’s experience in working with development partners and international organizations, as well as to internalizing such experience for further development within Thailand.
- Strengthen Thailand’s status as emerging donor and partner for development, as well as Thailand’s role as center for learning and sharing good practices on sustainable development in the international arena.
- Synergize contributions and expertise from every sector to advance Thailand’s development cooperation undertakings.